The software development life cycle (SDLC) is the process of planning, creating, testing and developing a software. SDLC is also known as Application development life cycle and System development life cycle.
What is the software development life cycle?
SDLC is the process of creating software products that are of high quality, at highly effective cost within a time frame. Software development life cycle is a series of phases and steps for creating a software that is well tested by the form before it's available and ready to use.
What are the phases of the software development life cycle?
Depending on the complexity of the software development project the phases differ from four, five to even seven. Some developers consider 'testing and deployment' to be one phase while few others break it up.
Here is an 8-phase model example of SDLC.
- Planning and analysis phase
- Product design phase
- Building phase
- Coding and testing phase
- Transition phase and training phase
- Deployment phase
- Software maintenance phase
- Evaluation phase
The firm working on your software development should provide you with clear number of phases with open communication of software development life cycle
The most common software development life cycle models :
At Bindura Digital we take a hybrid approach when building our software development projects. Depending on the demand of the project we implement two or three SDLC method approaches for the development phase of the project.
- Agile Model: Agile methodology is highly efficient. Using the Agile model we prioritize our customers' collaboration over our contract negotiation by quickly responding to the project changes, valuing client interactions over the processes and tools required.
- Waterfall Model : We deploy this approach at the beginning of the engagement. At the initial strategy discussion and during the proposal phase we imply the waterfall model process. This is only to provide our customers with approximate timeline of the project and estimate budget upfront
- Continuous Development Model : When software development needs to be delivered with frequent speed and safety with reliability, our expertise with test automation along with build automation can rescue you.
There are multiple other models that firms use as well is
- Big Bang model
- Iterative model
- RAD model
- Spiral model
- V-shaped model
- Magic box model
Why does SDLC matter for quality software delivery?
Bindura digital as a software Development firm delivers software products that are
- High quality
- Efficiently produced
- Cost effective
With SDLC models we provide high quality software development services to our client that exceeds our client’s expectations. Without SDLC parameters the rate of project success becomes lower.
Strengths of software development life cycle:
We consider using SDLC as core strength for our processes because
- Control and detailed steps
- Cost evaluation
- Well defined points
- Client feedback
- Breakdown into small phases
- Easy maintenance and accommodation changes
Bindura digital as a firm takes pride in providing highly effective quality service of software development solutions. If as a business you are exploring the option of outsourcing software development take a look at our services and contact us for further details.